Gooseberries, By Anton Chekhov (1898)

 Gooseberries, By Anton Chekhov (1898)


Alyohin finally made his dream house with gooseberry bushes. By the way, to accomplish his dream, he was so selfish and greedy. He knew he needed lots of money to make his dream come true. It made me frown because I don't like this indifferent attitude. Anyhow, he accomplished his dream house. 



Fortunately, he realizes his greed in the past. He admits it. I liked the part that Ivan expressed gooseberries were bitter. The flavor of gooseberry did not depend only on its inherent nature, but the bitterness came from money with inappropriate way. He finally achieved his dream, but I think the flavor of gooseberry conveys that it couldn't be justified, even if he regrets. 


However, I liked this short story because I think its realistic and it reveals frankly reveals the selfishness of humanity. 

8/10 


댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Cat Person, by Kristen Roupenian

The Lady with the Dog, by Andon Chekhov (1899)

I remember ...